Wednesday 11 September 2013

The Skincare || Morning Skincare Routine #1

Skincare is my current obsession. That and tea, durrr. I wanted to write a post about my skincare bits and bobs, but that post would be a mile long. Instead I have broken it down into four categories, morning skincare, evening skincare, weekend skincare and miscellaneous skincare. Yes, I have so much skincare that I need a miscellaneous category, that's normal isn't it? And so, I bring you my morning skincare routine, drum roll please. 

I start my day by cleansing with my all time favourite cleanser, the Jurlique Purifying Foaming Cleanser. This one is full of lovely ingredients such as green tea extract, witch hazel extract, and calendula. It foams up quite nicely not too foamy, just perfect.

Next I spot treat my skin with what ever product my skin needs, mostly a blemish cream. My morning blemish cream (yes, I have an evening spot cream) is the Origins Super Spot Remover. I like this one because it sits rather nicely under makeup.

Following the pimple busting, I apply an eye cream, namely the Jurlique Herbal Recovery Eye Cream. This is a favourite for me, I'm on to my second tube of this. It has really helped with the fine lines but then again, ageing isn't my main concern so I don't know how powerful it really is.

Moving on to to moisturising, I use a combination of two products, the Trilogy Hydrating Mist Toner and the Grown Alchemist Matte Balancing Moisturiser. The moisturiser is a recent find for me, and I love it. At first it dries quite tacky, but then it smoothes out to create the nicest, even surface ever. It's so lovely I don't bother with a primer after this!

And that concludes my morning skincare routine, but you may be wondering were my SPF is. Currently, it's Spring and therefore the sun isn't that strong so I can get away with wearing an SPF 35 BB cream for everyday activities(e.g. going to uni, shopping). However, if I was to go outside for a walk or to the beach, I would defs put a proper sunscreen on.

I hope you liked the fist instalment of my skincare series and maybe picked up a few tips along the way. Keep an eye out for the next post in the series, Evening Skincare Routine #1!

Suzy x 

No comments:

Post a Comment