Thursday 17 October 2013

The Makeup || Evening Eyes and Lips


Following on from yesterdays post about my evening base makeup, I bring you my evening eye and lip makeup. This routine is (hopefully) a lot shorter to read than yesterdays. However, it's the one which takes the most time because I like to do a winged eyeliner look, which is notorious for taking FOREVER. 

I start by taking MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle and sweeping this all over my eyelid, right up to the eyebrow as a very subtle eye shadow. The focus is on the eyeliner and the lashes rather than the eye shadow with this look. 

Next I take the Rimmel London Glam'Eyes liquid liner. I draw a thin line as close to my eyelashes as possible. From about halfway along the lash line to the outer corner I draw the line a bit thicker. Finally, I wing the eyeliner out as though it would connect to my eyebrow from the bottom lashes. Then I join the wing to the top lashes. 

Whilst waiting for my eyeliner to dry, I will put the first layer of the YSL Glossy Stain in colour #11. It's important to do this in layers so that it lasts as long as possible. 

Once my eyeliner is dry, I will give my lashes a curl. Mascara follows, which comes in the form of the Maybelline Mega Plush for the top lashes. Only on the top lashes. If I use this mascara on my bottom lashes, I find that it's wayyyy to clumpy. I usually apply 2-3 coats of mascara here. On my bottom lashes, I use the Covergirl Clump Crusher. This is so much better for the bottom lashes because it's clump free. Who would've guessed? 

Once that is done, I will pop a bit of more of the Soft and Gentle in the inner corners of my eyes for an added highlight. Next, I swipe on a second coat of my YSL Glossy Stain.

Eyebrows are next, and I use the Nars Eyebrow Pencil in Panama to fill them in a touch. I also give them a quick swipe over with an eyebrow brush. Finally, I add a third coat of the Glossy Stain and I'm done! 


So there you have it, part two of my evening makeup ritual, hope you enjoyed it! 

X Suzy

2 comments:

  1. great post! love the lipstain. would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I would love to follow each other, off to check out you blog now x

      Delete