Monday 30 September 2013

The Weekend Pamper || Traveling Beauty Essentials


I'm on holiday this week to get some much needed sun in the Australian North. With the sun, heat and humidity my skin tends to at its best, if anything it's a little dry. Pair the climate with some R&R and I'm confident enough to skip the makeup - almost. I apologise in advance, I'm writing this on my iPad which doesn't have the best spellchecker - please forgive me. Also, I can't seem to add links to all the products mentioned. When I get home I'll add them - if I remember.  

Skincare:

Whilst traveling I try to stick with my usual routine, minus the weekend face mask extravaganza. I honestly cannot be bothered - I'd much rather be sunning myself outside by a pool. 

I don't tend to bring big bottles of my skincare with me, I decant things into smaller recycled bottles. I've  filled two empty Body Shop bottles with some Bioderma and my favourite cleanser, the Jurlique Purifying Foaming Cleanser. As for exfoliating, I recived a sample of the Refining Skin Treatment from Jurlique a while ago and I though it would be a great time to try it out.

For toning, I've got a small bottle of the Jurlique Lavender Hydrating Toning Mist. I'm not a huge fan of Jurlique's range of toners, they are all filled with alcohol but the bottle is so cute and travel friendly. 

I've packed both my usual blemish treatments, the Jurlique Blemish Cream and the Origins Super Spot Remover, both in their original packaging. I popped in a tiny bit of the Aesop Primrose Facial Cleansing Masque into a little jar to use as an overnight blemish treatment if I get any serious spots. 

In terms of other skin treatments, there's a tiny sample of the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair II, and the Jurlique Herbal Recovery Eye Cream. 

And finally we have moisturisers. It's the usual culprits, the Grown Organic  Alchemist Matte Moisturiser for day time and into a large plastic pot, I've decanted some of the Jurlique Callendular Cream for night time. For lips and cuticles, I've got my Love Balm from Jurlique. 

Makeup:

Before coming on holiday, I got both my eyebrows and eyelashes tinted to save some time in the mornings and I'm planing to do a lot of swimming this week, so it's super convenient. I want my makeup to be as effortless as possible - there are other things is rather be doing on holiday! 

Base:
I brought the Clinique Super City Block SPF30 specially for this trip but I've been using a sample of it prior to purchasing it. I really like using this suncream, it dosent feel rank on my skin at all, and has a slight tint to it. Another recent purchase is the BareMinerals Origninal Foundation in Fairly Light. This gives a beautiful finish to my skin perfect for those good skin days. It also sets the Super City Block and wipes out enough shine and grease but the finish isn't too matte. Of course I brought my Jurlique Citrus Finishing Powder along - just in case of an oily episode. 

For concealers, I've got the MAC Studio Finish and the Select Cover-Up both in NW20. If I fancy a bit more coverage in the day, I'll blend a blob of the Select Cover-Up with the Clinique Super City Block, and for night time, I'll pop a bit with my daily moisturiser. If I develop any pimples I dab some of the Studio Finish concealer on them. 

Colour:
I did pack one mascara, the Maybeline Mega Plush for evenings, but I doubt I'll bother with it, instead I'll focus on eyeliner. I've got both liquid and pencil eyeliner, namely the Rimmel Glam'Eyes liquid liner and the MAC Technakohl Liner in Graphblack. For the checks, I've got my usuall blush-bronzer hybrid, the MAC Sheertone Blush in Sincere and my MAC Mineralise Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle for a highlight. I also packed the Maybeline Colour Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze but once again I'm skeptical that I'll bother using it. And finally, I packed my Lanolips in Apples for nights out sipping gin & tonics and watching the sunset. 

Tools:
I just brought the basics in the tool department: an eyelash curler from Manicare, an eyebrow brush (cheap un-branded one) an Ecotools blush brush (for bronzer), a Naito blush brush (for highlighting), TheBalm double ended eye brush (for spot concealing) and a Natio kabuki brush for my mineral foundation.


There you have it. My traveling beauty essentials. It all fits into that beautiful toiletry bag which I got in Bali and I've even got some more room in there! Of course I realise I'm missing an entire category of body bits, but I won't bore you with all of that - it's far less interesting!

X Suzy 

No comments:

Post a Comment