Saturday 8 February 2014

The Craft Post || Patchwork Lace Curtain

Welcome to my new feature, the craft post. I mentioned in my Happy New Year post that I'll be incorporating some of my craft projects into my blog and here is my very first project. First of all, excuse the terrible photography, do you know how hard it is to take a photo of a window with good lighting?? For a long while I've had a lace curtain hanging in my room which didn't fit the window, it was to small. So I decided to add a number of smaller pieces of lace across the bottom to make it long enough, and one large piece of lace to the side to make the curtain wide enough. The curtain now fits my window perfectly. 


Although not overly complicated or technical, I hand sewed all the pieces on the bottom together, making this project a time consuming one. The finished project fits perfectly with the rest of the decor in my room. I tend to style my room in the "Granny Chic" way, lots of clashing colours, prints and textures. 

What are your thoughts on my new feature? 
x Suzy   

No comments:

Post a Comment