Wednesday 15 January 2014

The Review || BareMinerals Original SPF 15 Foundation


Ahhh BareMinerals. Quite possibly the most well known natural brand of makeup, and claims to be the world's number one foundation. Honestly, that's a bit of a big claim to make, this isn't perfect by any means. However, this has become my choice of foundation during the summer where I need a little bit of coverage and a little bit of SPF. Do take note that if I were to be spending more time outside in direct sunlight, I would layer this over a sunscreen. 

I wear the shade Fairly Light N10, and it is a perfect colour match for me. I LOVE the texture, so lightweight and, well, dry. This is my first powder type of foundation, and I love this formula. I would say the coverage is light but can easily be built up to a medium coverage. It's a tiny bit heaver than my usual tinted moisturiser preference, but I still need to conceal underneath. The only negatives is that  it dose settle into my pores after a while and when applied it can look a tad patchy if you have too much product on the brush. I prefer using a powder brush rather than a kabuki brush because it deposits less product. The packaging is also great, it has a little sliding lid which can be closed so that the powder doesn't go everywhere when its not in use. 

All in all, this is the perfect foundation for everyday activities and running errands on the weekend. It also works well over the top of a sunscreen, making it more useful for those days at the beach when you feel as though you need a bit more coverage. I brought mine at Mecca Cosmetica for $35 AUD. 

Have you tried this foundation? 
X Suzy   

No comments:

Post a Comment