Monday 4 November 2013

The Monthly Roundup || October

Another month has passed, and we are into November already! I've been a bit slow on the product buying side of things, but I've got a few pieces that I brought last month that I've being loving and trialling this month.

This Month’s Favourites:

My most loved product of the month is the Clinque Super CityBlock. It's gone from about 15 degrees to 30+ here, so SPF has been necessary most days. I've been mixing in a bit of the MAC Select Cover Up Concealer in NW20 for some extra coverage. This gives a really lovely finish to the skin, nothing to dewy or too matte. Add a bit of setting powder and some thicker concealer on my zits, and that's been my favourite base recently.

Another product I have been loving this month is the Maybelline Eyestudio Gel eyeliner in Blackest Black. I brought this ages ago and was instantly disappointed with it. I originally brought it to use as I would use liquid liner, but the result was so disappointing compared to liquid liner. But another use had been found, and I'm loving it for during the day on the top lid. For some reason I have issues using pencil liners on my top lids, and this is the perfect solution. The brush I use gives a super fine, soft and defined line.

The last favourite of mine this month is the Bare Minerals Original Foundation in N10. I initially brought this to go over the Super City Block and set it. But this combination is horrible, the foundation settles into all my pores and just goes really gross. However, much like the Maybelline eyeliner, this is something that I have absolutely fallen in love with. It's great for good skin days and when you can't be bothered with a full face of makeup, or when it would be a waste to put a full face of makeup on.

My favourite nail polish combination of late has been OPI’s Princesses Rule with the matte top coat. This combination is super, the matte top coat makes the polish look frosted and flat (I'm not portraying it in a positive light am I?). You will just have to take my word for it.                


Finally, the non-beauty favourite of October is The Vampire Diaries. Its back, and its back with a bang. The storyline this season is really interesting, unlike last season. I'm loving seeing Stephen without his memories and a human Katherine. Here’s a link if you’re interested. 

October in Blog Posts: 
Looking for a pillow spray? Give my DIY version a try first. 

Is the serum category of your skincare routine empty? Read my review of the Jurlique Advanced Herbal Recovery Gel here

My evening makeup always looks something along the lines of this and this

The nail combination that I was rocking for the majority of the moth looks a bit like this

Here and here is some more inspiration to get you into skincare.

Added to the Wish List this Month:
My chin has had a bit of a tantrum, with two cystic pimples. I've been hearing great things about the Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion lately, which I might need to pick up a bottle of soon. 

Inspired by this post from Anna, I desperately want to get a MAC eyeshadow palette. I just have absolutely know idea where to start. And no, I do not want one of those big 15-pan things. When would I ever use it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment