Sunday 3 November 2013

The Weekend Pamper || Weekend Facial


Following on from this morning’s skincare post, here is my last instalment in the skincare series, my weekend routine. Once a week, I'll take about an hour of my time and dedicate it to my skin. I apply a range of face masks and treatments to give my skin a much needed deep clean and detox. This is something I save for Sunday afternoons, so that I don't have to put makeup on afterwards.

I begin by washing may face with the Jurlique Purifying Foaming Cleanser. It's vital to wash your face beforehand, otherwise it's a bit like polishing a dirty floor.

Next up, I steam my face by putting some hot water in a bowl and putting tea towel around my face. If I am feeling fancy, I might put some water soluble tea tree oil or calendula lotion in the water, but most weekends I don't bother.

After steaming my face, I take the Jurlique Fruit EnzymeExfoliator and smother this all over my face. I use about four pumps, and I take this right up to my eyes. I wouldn't recommend taking it around the eyes if you have sensitive skin at all, or if you have just started using this. I leave it on for about 5 minutes as it's recommended, but sometimes I leave it on for longer. I wash it off using a warm flannel, which also helps with exfoliation.

After exfoliating, my face mask extravaganza begins. Firstly, I put a layer of rose hip oil - about three or four drops. This gives my skin a huge moisture boost. I use both the Jurlique Purifying Mask and the Intense Recovery Mask. I take a dollop of both masks, mix them together and apply it through my T-Zone. The Purifying mask is quite dry, and the Intense Recovery Mask makes it a little bit easier to spread over my face. On my cheeks, I apply the Intense Recovery Mask. Both masks are phenomenal, my skin is left so smooth and clean. I wash it off with a flannel and some warm water. Finally, I follow through with my evening skin care routine.


At the end of the week, I find myself looking forward to my at home facial so much. Nothing beats a deep clean and exfoliation, and the result the next morning is so satisfying. It’s worth pointing out that afterwards my skin does go a little on the pink side, but by the next morning it is all fine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment